[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] REVERSE THIS DECISION NOW: Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

ayo ayeni outlook_221C90FC74F80BAF at outlook.com
Tue Feb 11 01:39:19 UTC 2020

Last month, ICANN, the organization that oversees domain names, announced significant changes to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc. who operate the .COM top-level-domain (TLD).

ICANN made these changes in secret, without consulting or incorporating feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users. Although ICANN has a history of making similar deals behind closed doors, and also of ignoring unified opposition against such action, we are focused on leading the fight against price increases that will harm our customers (and the Internet as a whole). This is a crucial time to raise our voices given that .COM domains make up 40% of all registered domain names online.