[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Are you kidding? AGAIN???

Curt curt at greenstoneart.com
Tue Feb 11 01:48:13 UTC 2020

Folks,

Are you kidding?  Again??  Less than a year after trying to increase .org
domain fees with the PIR, you're trying this again??  WHY??  Because
Verisign bribed you to?  Your greed?  It's corruption like we've never seen,
allowing your briber to make up their bribe on the backs of the little guy.
This is just plain wrong-headed.

We're a small art gallery in a small community, effectively staffed by
volunteers.  We don't have money to pay staff, so we exchange gallery
sitting time for lower commissions on the few artworks our folks sell.  We
fortunately own the building and are seen as great supporters of the arts in
our little community.  In return, that helps us provide much-needed
commercial support for the community in general, based on arts tourism.  We
need an affordable web site to do that.

Having to pay more for our web site registration, in addition to the hosting
of it, would add yet another struggling cost.  To date, we could depend on
the cost of our web site.  Why would you want to make that so much less
certain?

I STRONGLY encourage you to keep the current controls in place - PLEASE!
Don't profit off the backs of the little guy!  Isn't there enough of that
obscene profiteering in our modern society already?

Sincerely,

Curt Gillespie

Greenstone Artworks

Westcliffe, Colorado