[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I strongly OPPOSE Proposed Amendment No. 3

Scott A. Whisenhunt swhisenhunt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 11 01:12:34 UTC 2020

I am writing to say I strongly oppose Proposed Amendment No. 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement  (Amendment 3), and accompanying framework for ICANN org and VeriSign, Inc. (Verisign).

This is a shameful, shady backroom deal that should never have been proposed.  This so-called "deal" is nothing but Verisign paying a $20M bribe to ICANN so Verisign can engage in price-fixing and other corrupt practices.
The proposed amendment perverts the idea of free and fair market competition, and harms both independent domain registrars as well as the consumers who do business with them.
NO to Amendment #3!!
Thanks,
Scott Whisenhunt