[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM TLD Amendment

Gavin Siver gavin at totalwebpartners.com
Tue Feb 11 01:54:47 UTC 2020

Please do not enact this amendment. I understand deals have traditionally
been made in the privacy of company quarters, but operating websites are
extremely expensive. While large corporations can absorb these costs, the
price increases allowed for the 8 out 10 years for .COM registration will
disproportionately affect the medium and start-up businesses in the web
space.

Medium and start-up businesses will then refer these charges into to their
clients. Large corporations use large web adminstration companies. Medium
and start-up sized corporations cannot afford those costs, and will not
inherit the wholesale increase, but rather a surcharge upon that making
website adminstration less feasible for businesses wishing to provide
competition to the few large players in the field.

Please reconsider the .COM TLD price increase. The other changes I take no
issue with, but sincerely believe the price increases are improper and
immature.