[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM Price Increases

Jennifer Lee lee.jchristine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:00:25 UTC 2020

I am a marketing and communications professional. As a result, I maintain a .com website that I can use to display my skill set to prospective employers.I am also a volunteer for a non-profit organization that depends on a .com domain to connect with volunteers, supporters, and donors.Increases to .com domain prices can negatively impact individuals like myself, independent contractors, small businesses, and non-profits who need to carefully monitor budgets and expenses.Increasing .com domain prices annually smacks of the same tactics used by the pharmaceutical industry, whose annual price increases have led medication prices to increase by vast margins, pricing patients with fewer resources out of products they need.For many small businesses, individuals, and non-profits, changing their domain from .com to another option in an attempt to save money simply is not feasible due to public perceptions of certain as alternates, the public's lack of familiarity with other options, and the vast number of users competing for domain names, as well as the added costs and complexities of switching and redirects.While .com price increases may be necessary at times, these increases must be rational, reasonable, and transparent. The internet is a public utility, and should remain affordable to all. This includes domain extensions necessary to facilitate business, non-profit, and professional ventures. Sincerely, Jennifer LeeSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone