[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Price increases for .com domains

Barbara G barbara.tmc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:01:10 UTC 2020

I just heard about the potential increases in the deal between icann and
Verisgn for .com domains.

I want to tell you how unfair this is to those of us who have .com domains
for our businesses.  Small businesses struggle as it it, and these
increases will force me to give up my .com domains.  I cannot afford to pay
more.  Some of my domains are 10 years old, but if I can't afford to renew
them at the increased costs (scheduled over the next 8 out of 10 years!),
then I will have no choice but to give them up.  This is not right, and it
certainly is not fair.

Please don't do this increasing of the costs for .com domains.  Consider
the negative impact this is going to have on everyone on the internet.

Thank you for your consideration.
Barbara Glenewinkel