[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Regarding Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry agreement

Jeff Soukotta jeff at adaptise.com
Tue Feb 11 02:04:20 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern

I have been made aware that there is a potential change to the way .com domain registrations are going to be handled going forward.

In particular, how Verisign will be able to increase prices to .com domains in the coming years.

The change will significantly impact small businesses such as my own, who rely on cost effective methods of having a presence online.

This change goes against ICANN's own motto of "One World. One Internet".

With a higher barrier to entry in purchasing or owning a .COM domain name, it will create inequality, with small startups, particularly in less "advantageous" countries and circumstances, being even more disadvantaged.

As such, I strongly urge you to reconsider.

Best regards,

Jeff Soukotta
Adaptise
Wellington, New Zealand