Catherine Alleva republicofcatherine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:08:39 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have been informed that last month, ICANN announced significant changes
to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc. who operate the .COM
top-level-domain (TLD). Verisign will be allowed to increase the wholesale
price to registrars for .COM domains every year for 8 out of the next 10
year. I've been told that this will mean that .COM wholesale domain prices
can grow by more than 70% over and above current prices over the next decade.
The contract also allows for other price increases, which could drive
prices up further, ultimately making .COM domains less accessible and more
expensive for everybody.

If there is truth to this, I want to share that I strongly discourage an
agreement that allows for this drastic increase in price for .com users.
Small businesses have a difficult enough time maintaining websites for
advertising and commerce purposes.

Thank you for your time,
Catherine Alleva