[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Not in favor or raising prices more than necessary

Steven Hansen stehan1 at me.com
Tue Feb 11 02:31:59 UTC 2020

Hi,

I hear prices to register .com names will go up.  Certainly some increase can be expected…but not much.  After all, most technology prices keep going down.  Hard drives, computers, monitors, and more keep getting better and the price remains the same or even goes down.  Why should .com go up?  It is not technology, it is a period followed by three letters.  Certainly serving up that to the associated IP address and keeping it all flowing has its cost, but again those costs keep going down.  Inflation?  Perhaps. But anything over 2-3% a year is not acceptable.  The proposed 7% is greed, pure and simple.  It needs to be stopped.  I will do what I can to fight it because it is wrong.

Yours,
Stew Hannaford
Chicago, IL.