[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] (no subject)

Lakith Karunaratne lakith.k at icloud.com
Tue Feb 11 02:34:42 UTC 2020

I am an end user of .com domain living in an third world country. The price I pay as an individual is already a premium for where I live. It’s vital that I have access to affordable TLD name for either personal and business use.

To highlight sentiments shared by me and others who are reaching out to ICANN.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.
No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.
The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.
Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no business dictating the price.
If cost is of concern then Verisign should innovate or restructure the company.
If companies are taking monopolistic actions then you have the power to break it up or allow other companies to operate in the same space.
ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest, not lobby on behalf of select companies.

Regards,
Lakith
Colombo - Sri Lanka