[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] The .com domain is super-important, and we're all a captive audience

Chris Franklin chris at cjfranklin.com
Tue Feb 11 02:58:07 UTC 2020

The .com domain is the most well-known top-level domain.  Many of its users are, admittedly, big companies that can afford price increases, but there are also many of us, like me, that have purchased a domain just so we’d have a permanent email address without having to worry about the whims of whatever email provider we happen to sign up with.  These type of changes to the ICANN contract again subject us to the whims of a private company, the very thing I hoped to avoid by buying my own domain.