[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM domain registration fee increases

Richard Graham rdgme2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:03:09 UTC 2020

To ICANN Representatives,

I am opposed to your .COM domain registration fee increase proposals.
You may feel that this is "Free Enterprise" at it's finest!   Making
secret decisions with the monopoly between your organization (ICANN) and
Verisign, is not in the interest of .COM domain registered uses on the
internet.  Price increases of 7% per year over an 8-10 year period is
what I call price gouging!  I can understand the need for increasing
prices to some degree, but the increases that you are proposing is a
ripoff to the 40% of domain name registers on the internet.   As our
good Swedish environmental activist friend Greta Thunberg would say,
"HOW DARE YOU!!  Decision makers in your organization should rethink
your price increase proposals.

Regards,

Richard Graham

One of the many .COM domain registered users