[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Strongly disagree with proposed amendment 3

Samuel Roeca samuel.roeca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:04:04 UTC 2020

This amendment seems, to me, to be a thinly-veiled money grab with a
short-sighted cash injection for ICANN at the expense of all holders of
.COM domains. Your justification for this move is shrouded in complicated
language that fails to convince me of its necessity or importance (beyond
your desire, presumably, to obtain $20 million dollars per year essentially
from all domain name holders).

"work together on additional initiatives related to enhancing the security,
stability, and resiliency of the Domain Name System (DNS)"? Sorry, but I
see nothing tangible in this vague generalization. I've noticed that almost
all terrible things for the open world are shrouded in arguments of
"security" and "stability". Guess what? Innovation is often at odds with
those concepts, and it's hard for me to see how this is going to increase
creator participation on the internet.

I sincerely disagree with this amendment and hope you don't force me to
move my blog to another domain.

Best,
Samuel Roeca