[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Transparency

Elaine Kwok kwok.lane at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:11:59 UTC 2020

Hi there,

It would be great if you can allow transparency through discussions with the public and other sale agents regarding the purchases and worth + prices of domain names and how the system works. Discussion behind closed doors to jack the prices up of .COM domains seems an extremely money hungry strategic move (knowing they are the most common) to benefit your growth and earnings rather than the overall benefit of basically the world. It’s an age where we all rely on the internet, to get things done, to be heard, and also nowadays for safety and our wellbeing. Having everyone pay for that extra mile to write a .COM in what is basically their house/home on the World Wide Web is ridiculous. What if an elderly only remembers websites to have .COM but a business/organisation had to change it due to costs, and they suffer a negative effect from that? I can keep going on with scenarios but let’s not waste time.

Let it be discussed not just implemented. It effects the bigger picture for many individuals more than you realise. Stop the $$ sign eyes and ignorance. I’m sure a public forum and also a smaller one with privatised wholesalers can ensure a much more agreeable terms. Thank you.

Elaine