[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Not happy

Strider Hiryu turtle at strider21.com
Tue Feb 11 03:07:29 UTC 2020

Involvement of Verisign, a for profit corporation, is unacceptable.
Like any other commercial endevour, this will result into corporate
tyranny and censorship.  Will Verisign allow domains such as
"verisign-crimes.com"?  Will they stop people from getting domain names
simply because they disagree with them?  Of course they will.  Look at
what every commercial tech company does.  Google, Facebook, Twitter,
etc. all de-platform people and commit massive acts of censorship.

Furthermore, they can increase costs overnight and without the ability
of a small business or individual to ever influence them. It creates a
monopoly around Verisign.  Large corporations couldn't care one bit
about the costs of domains because to them, there is no difference
between $300,000 and $30.  For me, I can no longer compete when I start
getting domain names in excess of $10.  Our entire business model is
centered on offering smaller websites for a few dollars and Verisign's
price hikes will make me charge as much as larger companies like
GoDaddy, which offer inferior services at higher prices.  I realize that
people will say that it's only a few dollars increase.  But, the problem
is that every aspect of my business is increasing and every single one
of these increases is killing my business.

Technologically speaking, domain services are not rocket science.
Domains shouldn't really cost more than $0.01 when the cost is divided
amongst all the players.  Instead of prices going down, they now are
going up!

Keanu Lazar