[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Comment against the decision of changing .COM's operator

Kittanan Jamnongrit kittananj at live.com
Tue Feb 11 03:41:01 UTC 2020

Dear committees of ICANN,

My name is Kittanan Jamnongrit from Thailand, and I am writing the email for commenting against the change in .COM’s operator to Verisign.

First of all, this decision was made between two organizations closed-door, without doing public hearing before making this change. It was unacceptable and heartbreaking when I heard this decision.

Even though Verisign is one of a trustworthy organization in the industry, however this deal is more harm than good. As a .COM domain user myself, the current price point is fair and competitive. However, with this deal, we could not able to expect the price changes that would be happened within next 10 years or so.

Today, many organization who would like to start new business with domain registration knew that .COM domain is the most well-known domain alias in the world, and most of people always looks for .COM domain at first when they would like to learn more about the product that just heard of. And with the competitive pricing, there is more chance that new products and service will be announced to the world.

Although, the decision that the ICANN made might have goodwill, like spam protection. However, there is a brunch of ways to combat against this problem, like addressing purpose of domain registration.

Finally, I would like the ICANN to be more transparent about on-going decisions, so the community will be able to discuss and suggest what is right or wrong alongside the organization.

I hope that the organization will consider my points and adjust the agreement accordingly.

Best Regards,
Kittanan Jamnongrit