haileywheelis haileywheelis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:46:10 UTC 2020

I oppose the proposed amendment 3 to the .com registry agreement!!!!I am a registrant of a .com domain name. I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no business dictating the price.ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.This proposal would cause a significant change to our economy and our be a detriment to the future generations' growth. By drastically hiking up prices, this is limiting what resources would be available online. It would not only affect the exponential evolution as a society we have achieved through the approachable sharing of information through the internet, but it also will recanvas the type of businesses online that could afford to stay online. This encourages an wildly unhealthy shift in the economy and threatens the very evolution we have worked so hard to gain through the greatest means of communication we have to this day.Hailey ArsenaultSpokane, Washington United States