[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] My reasons for dreading .COM price increases

Milli Thornton millithornton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:52:58 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

I have seen reports that say a deal is being struck whereby

*Verisign will be allowed to increase the wholesale price to registrars for
.COM domains by 7% each year in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. After a two
year freeze, Verisign can increase prices by 7% annually during 2026-2029,
then another two year freeze. This cycle will continue. *

I'm a micro business owner (writing coach and author). To help me run the
various aspects of my business, I have a number of domain names. It's
already hard for me to to find room in my budget to keep all my domain
names afloat. I've been having to let go of some of them already, even
without this series of price increases. That means I've had to let go of
entire websites. This negatively affects my livelihood.

Please keep domain names affordable for the many of us who don't have huge
budgets to support our businesses.

Thank You,
Milli Thornton
(505) 234-4156