[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I OPPOSE proposed changes with Verisign!!!

Yol Swan yolswan10 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:55:20 UTC 2020

To Whom It May Concern,

I am appalled at your attempt to make significant changes to your
contract with Verisign, Inc. in regards to .COM domains without
consulting internet users or the ICANN community of domain registrars.

These changes would significantly increase wholesale prices in the
future, which in turn would greatly affect customers like myself who
rely on various domains to run a business. The Internet has become an
integral aspect of modern life, which means that many people, like me,
will renew their domains for many years to come. These proposed changes
would make .COM domains less accessible and more expensive for everybody.

Furthermore, Verisign already controls almost 80% of the registrar
pricing for domain names, so allowing it to operate its own registrar or
as a reseller would compete directly with all domain registrars,
maximizing its control of domain name pricing to the detriment of other
registrars. Fewer registrars would harm competition, choice, and domain
name services.

I strongly OPPOSE any changes to your contract with Verisign, and hope
you will not ignore the unified outrage of the internet community, like
you've done in the past, out of arrogance and greed.

Sincerely,

Yol Swan

--
Signature-YS