[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM CHANGES BY ICANN

Ed Cintron ed at edcintron.com
Tue Feb 11 03:56:30 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I learned recently that last month, ICANN, the organization that oversees domain names, announced significant changes to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc. who operate the .COM top-level-domain (TLD).

I also learned that ICANN made these changes in secret, without consulting or incorporating feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users. ICANN has a history of making similar deals behind closed doors, and also of ignoring unified opposition against such action. I am vehemently against price increases that will harm me as a customer (and the Internet as a whole).

I would like to state that in the interest of keeping the internet affordable to all I am opposed to Amendment 3!

Ed Cintron