[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Why the secret deals with Verisign?

Piers piers at duruz.com
Tue Feb 11 04:06:09 UTC 2020

Yet again you're signaling the need for legislation around how ICANN and the business of top level domains is carried out. The way these secret deals with Verisign just keep happening despite public and industry opposition is disgusting. This is the last straw. Push ahead of this and we will be organizing action among all of our lists to lobby at the US federal and international level to have legislation around domain names tightened to prevent this continual racketeering. Push ahead with this and you'll just be fueling our campaign with further evidence to motivate each of our subscribers to place heavier pressure on their legislators.