[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Disagreement of the Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Jordan Lau jordanlau at gexaa.com
Tue Feb 11 04:11:57 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN Team,

I hope you are well.
My company received the notification regarding there will be an increment
of the domain registration fee.
I would like to express my disagreement on this matter as the following
reasons:
1. My company and my clients are mostly small-medium businesses, the
increment of the fee will create a burden for us and our clients.
2. Knowing that your company is controlling all the extensions of the
domain names (such as .com, .io, .net and many more). Despite there is an
agreement between Verisign and ICANN, as your customers, we think it is
necessary we should be first informed about the detail of at least:

   - why it is increased
   - how the fund will be spent and for what type of benefiting
   improvements that will be made
   - the scale or percentage of increase

It is appreciated ICANN could consider renegotiating the deal with Verisign
or extending the effective date of the price increment at a reasonable
range.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much.

Regards,