[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposing .com price increases

Alan Jaffe alanpjaffe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 04:37:20 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

I strongly oppose the *.com* price increases. There is no reason that these
prices should increase at more than double the rate of inflation, and the
financial support given by Verisign to ICANN in connection with this change
makes me very suspicious of the true motivations here. In conjunction with
the similar fiasco regarding *.org* price increases, ICANN has lost a great
deal of credibility recently and I highly suggest that it start acting like
an organization that works for the benefit of the entire internet rather
than just its own bottom line. I'm sure there are plenty of governments
that would be happy to take over ICANN's duties if it is no longer taking
them seriously.

Sincerely,
Alan Jaffe