[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN domain increases

Anya Roberts-Toney anya.jrt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 04:40:43 UTC 2020

I’m writing to share my comments regarding the price increases that will
occur due to the ICANN contract changes with VeriSign. As a fine artist, I
have a .com website that I use to publicize my paintings. My income from my
painting career is limited, however the time I put into this career path is
immense, and my website is one of my main ways of communicating my work to
potential viewers, gallerists, and peers. It’s my way of maintaining a
conversation with other artists and sharing the work that I do. The kind of
price increases that are guaranteed to occur because of this revised
contract have me severely worried, because a major increase to the cost of
my domain would force me out and inhibit my ability to communicate with my
peers and to grow my career. I strongly urge icann to reconsider these
changes and to think about domain users like me with limited funds but
extensive cultural impact.
Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Anya Roberts Toney