[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed price increases for .com domains is too high

Daniel Oxenhandler girlbandgeek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 04:45:03 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN representative,

I am writing in regards to the proposal to give Verisign Corp. exclusive
rights to .com domain registry from a wholesale perspective. In addition,
the proposal is to allow Verisign to raise the wholesale price more than
70% over the next decade. I think this increase is too high, and will be
expensive for small scale, hobbyist web developers such as myself. I have 3
.com domains now, and this will be a significant cost increase for me. It
is not easy to change to a cheaper TLD, when I already have an investment
in the .com space. I don't see that the price increase is commensurate with
the cost of providing the service.

Please reconsider this very steep price increase, and either keep it at the
current levels, or significantly reduce the rate of increase, to promote
participation by regular folks like me.

Sincerely,
Daniel Oxenhandler

1055 Rebecca Drive