[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I am against the proposed amendment 3 on .com domains

Luis Hernandez luisrasa11 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 05:04:57 UTC 2020

I am a small business owner and come from a family very involved in the IT
world for many decades now.

For me, this proposed increase in pricing for .com domains and its
subsequent handing of a huge control over the domain registries in the
internet to Verisign hurts more than it could ever benefit the average
internet user.

The .com domains have taken an increasing role of importance in the
development of the internet as we know it, and this has also been helped by
it been as fairly priced as it is right now. By increasing .com registry
prices in an aggressive way as it has been proposed, you are providing
small businesses like mine with a big blow to their bottom line, disrupting
the economic growth of the nation as a whole and potentially having huge
repercussions in the way the internet in itself works.

We, as internet users and domain registers ask ICANN to intercede for
what’s right and do not allow a company to have such power to monopolize
one of the most important assets in the internet. The internet will thank
you!