[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Marcel Quintas marcel.quintas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 05:06:03 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern.

>From an outsiders view these changes to the agreement in question seem to
only benefit Icann and Verizon financially with the ability for both
companies to further create a monopoly with no direct explanation and what
benefits it would do for the process of renting and registering .com
domains.

I would like to see reports and why a price increase is needed? Are both
companies struggling to make their operations a viable business with the
current agreement? Or is this change simple to creat financial increase to
ICANN and Verisign. You don’t have to answer that because if it were true
you would say it outright. However your new agreement clearly says that by
itself

Nothing about these changes seem to benefit any other parties.

The services offered here effect the entire world. From my understating at
its core 2 main companies seem to be in control of the core pricing of
these domains. Therefore we as the users of these services have the right
to know what such agreements are made.

Marcel