[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] PLEASE REVISE THE PRICE AMENDMENT OF DOT COM

Mohsin Khan imohsinkhan at ymail.com
Tue Feb 11 06:48:20 UTC 2020

Dear Sir/ Ma'am,
ICANN

We are operating a small website for our office through namecheap.com.

Recently I came to know that ICANN announced significant changes to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc. who operate the.COM top-level-domain (TLD).

I am from India and as you know we are not a very rich businessman like US or UK. The Internet is helping us coming out of poverty and join the mainstream.

$10 is a very small amount for you but for us, but 10 usd is a 3-month telephone/ internet bill.

You can guess how it will affect us and even a small change in prices will create a domino effect and millions will have to compromise with their dreams.

We request you to please keep the internet available for all of us and especially please keep .com affordable.
Big businesses can find a customized TLD but we don't have any option except the dot com.

Thanks and Regards
MK Khan
Rajasthan, India