[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .com TLD changes with Verisign

Kurt Ness kurt at kurtnesssupport.com
Tue Feb 11 07:23:10 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,As a very small web design agency owner, price increases will lead to increased Costs for my clients and myself. As the internet expands to more people and more have websites, any changes with the verisign contract will mean all businesses online will have to spend even more on website costs. Removing price caps, and allowing Verisign to increase costs up to 7% each year for 8 years over the next 10 years will lead to drastically increased costs for domain names of .com. I will also say that Verisign nor any other TLD operator should be allowed to be a registrar, or own or have any stake in any registrar. That will only increase costs to consumers. Anyone with a website on cPanel/WHM just had massive price increases as a new pricing model was released. This drives up already expensive web hosting costs, and any changes with .com TLDs will only put more strains on small businesses and individual people with website. I highly encourage you to not change anything with the Verisign contract. Thank you,Kurt NessOwner, Kurt Ness Support, LLCSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.