[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Against: Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Nina Hustad nina at gencor.capital
Tue Feb 11 07:59:05 UTC 2020

Our business is a .com registrant and we manage a number of .com domains on behalf of our clients, many of whom are new start-up companies.

The public has a vested interest in reasonably priced domain registrations to allow freedom of speech and innovation on the internet, and to allow individuals and small businesses to maintain a presence on the internet.

Monopolies stifle freedom and innovation.  Allowing Verisign to have such a large control is worrying.  Verisign should not be able to dictate the price.

We believe ICANN should govern the domain name system in the public interest, not in the interest of big business only interested in profit.

Therefore, we wish to advise that we are against the proposed price increase to.com domains.

Nina Marie Hustad
Perth, Western Australia