[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed Amendment to 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Thomas Agius agiusthomas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:38:30 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

As a computer science graduate I've grown up in the time that Internet was
still emerging as a new means for people to connect together. A means that
is accessible by everyone no matter their financial situation.. this is so
to allow education to people which don't afford it and a fighting chance
for people of less privileged countries to make it in today's market.
Selling out the .com TLD goes against all the freedom. I do understand that
there are ever increasing expenses but by giving it to a 3rd party there is
no control over prices by government bodies after the mentioned 8-10 year
period passed. If the .com tld is sold we'd be selling a substantial part
of the Internet. Stopping this will help future generations keep building
better technologies without having to rely on large corporations

My proposal is for ICANN to keep full control of the TLDs and regulate them
as it has done in the past.
Thank you for your time.

Best Regards
Thomas Agius