[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Domain Name Price Increases

Andrew Braun andrew.braun at mykolab.com
Tue Feb 11 08:46:05 UTC 2020

Hello,

I’d like to formally register a negative comment regarding this price increase. While many .com names are currently quite cheap and accessible, raising the price across the board will ultimately make the Internet less accessible for individuals, particularly those in lower-income areas, who are looking to register domains, share information, and start businesses. I have no objection to occasional price increases and don’t expect services to be provided at a loss, but the suggested policy is of a magnitude that I feel would cause long-term damage to the Internet.

Andrew Braun