[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Shutting out small content producers

Harry Twyford harry.a.twyford at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:00:48 UTC 2020

Hello,

I’m writing about the proposed amendment 3 to the .COM Registry. I understand this amendment will permit Verisign to significantly raise prices on the sale of .COM domains. I am concerned that this move reflects the trend of small/independent Web producers being unable to compete with large firms. This moves raises prices for small producers and continues this shut-out process. I am disappointed that this amendment is being proposed and I urge ICANN to drop it.

Best,
Harry Twyford