Matthew Lilley m.k.lilley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:11:44 UTC 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

>From what I understand the proposed changes will mean that .COM wholesale
domain prices can grow by more than 70% over and above current prices over
the next decade. The contract also allows for other price increases, which
could drive prices up further, ultimately making .COM domains less
accessible and more expensive for everybody.

Alongside these contract changes, I understand that Verisign has agreed to
pay ICANN an additional $20 million dollars over five years to support
ICANN's domain name system initiatives, without any clarity about how ICANN
will spend the money, or who will ensure that the funds are properly spent
on domain infrastructure.

Overall, it doesn't sound like a good deal for consumers but instead a good
deal for Verisign and ICANN.

Yours faithfully,

Matthew Lilley

*My PGP Public Key Identity*

pub   2048R/*76552385*  2018-03-20 [expires: 2020-07-31]
      Key fingerprint = *1EB5 F55E 6C5E 5A90 7732 8EBB 5E72 058C 7655 2385*
uid   Matthew Lilley <m.k.lilley at gmail.com>
sub   2048R/0C7A597A 2018-03-20

Public key available to download from here
<https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=m.k.lilley%40gmail.com>