[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM Price Increases

Jamie Miles jamiermiles at me.com
Tue Feb 11 09:34:01 UTC 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to express my opposition to the proposed price increases to
the .COM top-level domain.

The internet is a right for everyone, and increasing the prices for the
.COM domain will make it less accessible to those wanting to create
something online – businesses, ventures, blogs, tell stories, provide
education to people, push forward a social initiative, and other things we
can't even imagine.

The .COM domain is most favoured in search algorithms, and we all know that
if you aren't findable via search, you don't exist. The idea that all the
other domains provide an alternative is thus not valid. .COM is the
default, and for that you can't let prices be allowed to increase for 8 of
the next 10 years.

Very best,

Mr. Miles