[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Against the Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Eva Gabriella Farkas egfarkas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 09:41:36 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN Organization,

The domain registrar company Namecheap informed me about your propose to change the contract you have with Verisign, Inc. who operate the .COM top-level-domain (TLD).

Since this action can cause relevant increase of the .com domains’ future price without having any additional benefit for the .com domain owners I’m fully against it.

Additionally there is an ethical issue with this changes negotiated in secret since ICANN is a non-profit private organization which has taken over from the U.S. government various administrative duties associated with running the Internet in 1998 and expanded to a global organization with "multistakeholder model”.

Please reconsider your intention to change this contract!
Thanks!
Best regards,
Evi Farkas
one of the .com domain owners.