[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] No to .COM price increase

Alyssia Nair contactalyssianair at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 10:29:39 UTC 2020

I am writing regarding the proposed price increase to .COM domains. I strongly oppose this proposition by ICANN. Many people will be in my position of ill-affording such non-transparent price hikes. ICANN and its partners stand to make a lot of money through this proposal, but there is very little being said on how exactly those new funds will be spent. Also, there seems to be no cap on price increases due to take place over the next eight or ten years. The internet is a tool that affects the lives and livelihoods of many millions; one organisation should not have the power to financially punish people all over the world. If ICANN insists on going through with such price hikes, then I believe it only fair that they be completely transparent with exactly why such price hikes are necessary, and where and how these extra funds will be spent.

Alyssia Nair