[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Oppiniom about the new plans for .COM

David Ionesi david.ionesi.mail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 10:39:26 UTC 2020

Hi,

My name is David.

I will express my oppinion about the possible new changes regarding .COM
domains.

I understood from a certain source that ICANN wants to open a contract that
will permit price increases for .COM domains in the following years.

I'm almost 26 years now and a professional freelancer. Even if the price is
doubled or tripled, asside from a discomfort I would be able to pay.

Still, when I was 16 years old, buying a domain wasn't easy for me even
then, I'm from Romania. They didn't even allow teenagers under 18 to own a
debit card so I borrowed my father's card.

The money needed to buy a domain name then would've kept me entertained for
2 weeks but I still woul've opted for a domain name.

Thanks to those beautiful experiences, the dozens of sites that I built
then made me who I am today. I now buy domaims every month for the sites
that I build for my clients.

If the prices would've been too high then there would't be a freelancer
named David that buys almost 100 domains every year.

So please, from the bottom of my heart, find another avenue that will also
benefit people if money is your goal and let domains, especially .COMs be
accesible to everyone.

Thank you for reading so far.

I wish you all the best,
David