[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM price increases

Shirley Brooks scookbrooks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 11:02:52 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

I'm protesting your recent changes in contract you've made in secret with
Verisign, Inc. regarding the .COM top-level-dimain (TLD) that will cause
huge price increases to all those who have a .COM address.

These were made without consulting any of the public or those of us who
have a .COM address and is completely devoid of any integrity, not to
mention transparency.

You are supposed to protect the public from deals such as this.  You are a
regulatory body, but this deal was conducted in secret.  This should be
illegal.

Why was this 'deal' that affects millions made in secret, instead of
involving the internet community?  All I can think of is because you are
greedy and indeed want to take advantage of a basically no regulated
industry.

I for one will work to try to stop the price increases that be will indeed
implemented because of your secret deal,  and contact will those
responsible to oppose this and look into this much closer and expose your
actions.

I will also now look into changing my .COM to another address and rally
others to do the same.

Sincerely,

Shirley Brooks