[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Please do not increase the price of .com's

DEBBIE ST GEORGE debstgeorge at comcast.net
Tue Feb 11 11:07:03 UTC 2020

Please do not increase the price of .com's As a senior citizen the income I receive is fixed. I have a lot of .com's and it will be hard for seniors to keep up with the rising costs of living as it is.

Thanks,
Deb St. George
debstgeorge at comcast.net

On January 3, 2020, ICANN announced significant changes to the contract it has with Verisign, Inc. to operate the top-level domain .COM.

ICANN and Verisign made these changes in secret, without consulting or incorporating feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users.

Although ICANN has a history of making similar deals behind closed doors, and also of  ignoring unified opposition against such action https://www.namecheap.com/blog/ensuring-icann-keep-domain-prices-in-check/ , Namecheap will continue to lead the fight against price increases that will harm our customers and the Internet as a whole. (For more information about Namecheap’s efforts to maintain domain name price controls, visit http://pricecaps.org/ .)