Simon from The Apple Yard simon at theappleyard.com
Tue Feb 11 11:08:38 UTC 2020

I am contacting you to object to the proposed changed to the .COM Registry
Agreement.

Firstly, I believe that there has been insufficient consultation on these
changes.

Secondly, I don't believe there has been enough transparency about the
relationship with Verisign and how that affects these changes.

There needs to be more clarity about how ICANN will spend the money, or who
will ensure that the funds are properly spent on domain infrastructure.

Thirdly, I believe these changes will drive prices up further, ultimately
making .COM domains less accessible and more expensive for everybody -
which flies in the face of the founding principle of the web.

Simon Cox