[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Please reconsider proposed increases in charges for .com domains.

Brendan Blake brendan at erwwen.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 11:13:42 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

As an IT consultant and small business owner, I was very disturbed to hear
about the proposals for large price increases to the charge for .com domains
that are being proposed.  I understand that .COM wholesale domain prices
could grow by more than 70% over and above current prices over the next
decade.

The whole world uses .com domains, including our own business and many
businesses that we support.

I can see no justification for an increase on this scale.

It would appear to be a stitch up between yourselves and Verisign to enrich
both organisations, no doubt to pay even higher executive salaries.

The internet is a vital tool for the world, not just USA, and price
increases on this scale will be damaging.

I ask you to reconsider.

Yours sincerely

Dr W B J Blake

88 Mount Ararat Road, Richmond, SURREY.  TW10 6PN  UK.