[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] THE INTENDED PRICE HIKE OF .COM DOMAIN.

Samchidiebere samchidionline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 12:08:59 UTC 2020

I have participated in arguments for and against the intended price hike
(amendment) for the .com domain by ICANN.org through VERISIGN Inco. and
found both sides of the argument very interesting. I know that anyone who
is in business has profit as the ultimate goal. However, if that profit is
to be achieved at the detriment of those who patronize one's business, then
that ultimate goal is either ill-intended or not well thought of. My
argument over this issue has remained that the price hike is good if only
it is for the developed countries (super-powers) and the grade A companies
in those countries. If it is uniformly applied, what happens to the third
world countries who use the internet and the .com domain for their
businesses. Unless this price hike is intended to push the third world
countries out of the internet world system, I don't see how this will
benefit them. I therefore don't support it as it will turn out to be an
evil wind that blows no one any good.

Chidi Sam