[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Ridiculous

Digvijay Chauhan idigvijay at me.com
Tue Feb 11 12:13:17 UTC 2020

I am a registrant of a .com domain name.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.

No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.

The current rate of about USD 7-8 is already far more than justified.
Given that Verisign does not provide any value added service - it is essentially a free cash cow for Verisign. Verisign built the software off of registration fee so technically ICANN owns the Verisign software to manage domains.

Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no business dictating the price.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest and I would further propose that each living person should be entitled to a a domain name for life. Infrastructure takes a lot of money to build but it takes peanuts to maintain in comparison.