[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed Amendment No. 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

Nicely, Lucas Dakota lucas at utk.edu
Tue Feb 11 12:21:11 UTC 2020

I do not support this proposed amendment No. 3 to the .COM Registry
Agreement (Amendment 3). There is an extreme lack of oversight for this
initiative, which may seem like it offers value, but in truth only offers
value to ICANN org and Verisign, Inc. Who will regulate the possibility of
price increase after the freeze period? Who will ensure that the revenue
received from these increases will be used to 'work together on additional
initiatives'?

As an owner of multiple .com domain names, I do not support this amendment
and I do not support the possibility for an increase in .com registrant
prices. Technology costs are constantly decreasing as new efficient
mechanisms, procedures, and other various improvements are made each day.
"Security, stability, and resiliency" of the Domain Name System can be
improved by utilizing better talent, not at the unnecessary expense of
domain name owners.

Overall, $7.85 already exceeds the value offered by the DNS service.