[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] The Unwarranted Hike in .com Prices

Nik Gupta nikgupta.pro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 12:25:09 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have been made aware by Namecheap about the impending price increases on
.com domains over the next decade.

As a small business owner, I do not wish to see a further expense levied
that will apply pressure to my day-to-day workings. It is entirely
unethical to have implemented a deal that sees end users forking out more
than they need in order to own one of if not the oldest TLD in internet
history. The price of .com domains should be decreasing, not increasing as
the maintenance costs of better technology become cheaper.

I will be sharing this with local business owners in the UK. Should the
deal go through it is likely we will boycott .com domains. We will not
tolerate profiteering at small business's expense and very survival.

Kind regards,
--
*Nik Gupta*