Richard Buckmaster rlbuckmaster at rlbuckmaster.com
Tue Feb 11 12:09:09 UTC 2020

I am opposed to the Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement
between ICANN and Verisign Inc.

I currently hold registrations for three (3) .COM domain names;
homebuilt-lan.com (since 1998), rlbuckmaster.com (since 2010), and
jobhuntgps.com (since 2015). Over the past 20 years I have held
registrations for numerous other .COM domain names. Therefore, I have a
deep vested interest in any changes to pricing related to .COM domain
name registration.

I am opposed specifically because there can be no valid justification to
allow .COM domain registration prices to increase annually at more than
twice the forecast global inflation rate. This is especially true when
the cost of technology required to support TLD name services has
decreased rapidly over the last 10 years.

It is claimed that ICANN and Verisign Inc. negotiated these changes
without input from other parties. This is a direct violation of the
ICANN charter to operate with transparency and in the public interest.

If the Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement between ICANN
and Verisign Inc. is adopted as is, I will contact my U.S. Congressman
and U.S. Senators requesting they open an investigation to determine if
ICANN has violated its charter to operate in the public interest when
secretly negotiating with Verisign Inc. Specifically, if any payments
promised by Verisign Inc to ICANN in exchange for the Proposed Amendment
3 are a violation of the ICANN charter and/or U.S. law.

Respectfully,

Richard L. Buckmaster