[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Unfair market advantage and pricing for domains

Yahoo Marcela marcelahede at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 12:34:47 UTC 2020

Good morning, as a .com domain user I find the price increases proposed and worked with Verisign to be in detriment of users like me who mainly blog, put out content for many people to improve and support their daily lives.

On the other hand I would like you to show me who within the regular American population receives a  increase of a 7% annually in their paycheck for 4 year straight?  Sound ludicrous to me more so, when the increases will continue after a two year freeze for another 3 years.

On the other hand what is ICANN doing specifically with the extra 20$ million dollars received for this agreement that benefits the users in terms of the security and stability of the domain name systems?

The most significant change is that Version can operate as a domain registrar which will place Verisign in a very advantageous position since this company controls almost 80% of the registrar pricing for the domain names that will compete directly with all domain registrars.  Clearly an unfair market advantage harming competition.

I do not want this to happen because many .com owners will be harmed with this unilateral decisions for many years to come.

Thanks

Marcela Hede