[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Amendment to Registry Agreement

Kristin Greene kristingreene02 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 12:45:22 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to express my concern to the amendment of the Registry Agreement. I understand that this change may not affect large companies so much as they have the wherewithal to weather such changes.  However, I am new female startup. I believe this change will affect women going into entrepreneurship and hamper new women owned businesses.  A fellow signee posted an analysis:

20 year Cost analysis:
$  7.85 / year 2018
$10.29 / year 2023 (31% increase over 2018)
$13.49 / year 2029 (72% increase over 2018)
$17.68 / year 2035 (125% increase over 2018)
$23.17 / year 2041 (195% increase over 2018)

The current prices are more than fair and no one is interested in an increase except for Verisign.

In addition to affecting businesses, this will hamper people who invest in domain names for their own personal reasons – perhaps to blog, journal their adventures, or even protect themselves from someone else getting it and hurting their reputation.

I would hope that you wouldn’t want the domain names to become another thing that divides those who have the resources and those that don’t.  I’m not saying to not make money, but it would be great if we could enable as much access as possible.

Thanks for the consideration of keeping the annual fee as is.

Kind regards,
Kristin Greene

Sent from my iPhone