[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Feedback: Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

mail at domainhostproxy.com mail at domainhostproxy.com
Tue Feb 11 13:05:36 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN,

It’s very short-sighted to raise prices of the .com domains and we strongly disagree with this move. As a customer with so many domains across many registers, we have to strongly agree with NameCheap.com <http://namecheap.com/> and we support the position NameCheap.com <http://namecheap.com/> has taken, higher prices affects everyone and especially people that less well off and poor, if anything we say reduce the price of the .com and provide more support and margins for domain registers so that they have room to offer discounts to clients.

Higher prices will have a strong and significant impact on the growth of the .com domains and make it less affordable to the end-user. We hope you take this feedback into account especially keeping in mind small business owners and start-ups.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
DHP Team